Thursday, August 7, 2008

Looking at cameras

So I've decided that I would look into buying a digital SLR camera once I get my refund check in a week or two.

My decision's down to two:

1) Canon EOS 40D ... about $1,000 to $1,200


2) Nikon N300 ... about $1,700 to $2,000


I'm leaning towards the Canon, obviously because of price, and plus I don't think I need all the extra features of the D300. I talked to a photographer at The News about it, he suggested that I probably didn't need a D300 either, since I'm not planning on majoring in photojournalism. I just want a good camera to use for multimedia purposes and, obviously, for blogging.

Feel free to post your thoughts on what I should look into. Any help I can get on a pretty important purchase is greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

Merissa said...

since you're not a photo major and you want it for the blog and what not I would suggest the Canon as well. It is a good camera and I don't think you need to spend the extra few thousands of dollars on one. I normally shoot nikon but i'm looking to switch to canon when i get enough money to buy a new slr because mine is broken.

You could just use that money to buy me a new camera if you like :)

Juice said...

First you need to ask yourself what you want to do with the camera.
Sports? Features?

That will help narrow it down but of course, I lean towards the Canon.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the Canon. even though it's cheaper it's not cheap. Plus, canon makes awesome cameras