Saturday, August 9, 2008

Canon Digital Rebel XSi


I got my camera today. It turned out to be neither of the choices I was looking at before. I was very close to getting the Canon 40D, but after discovering the Rebel XSi and playing with that a little bit at Circuit City, I thought the $500 cheaper price tag was a better fit. From what I've read, it's not QUITE as powerful as the 40D, but considering I'm not as serious as most photojournalists, I don't need the extra power. The XSi came with a 18-55m lens, less power than the 40D's 28-135mm, but I can just buy another lens down the road to get better zoom.

Without further ado, though, I toyed around with the camera, just taking random pictures around the house:



By no means professional pictures, I didn't do any editing, just wanted to show how it works. And it works very, very well so far. I'm still reading the book, catching up on all the different functions and features, plus trying to remember the things I learned out of my JRN 220 (Basic Media Photography) class I took sophomore year.

More pictures to come, definitely. And feel free to comment!

No comments: